A second teenage suspect has been arrested in connection with the stabbing death of a boy at an East Los Angeles middle school last week, authorities said.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said the 14-year-old boy provided another boy with a knife, which was used to kill Steven Cruz, 14.
The boy was arrested about 10:20 p.m. Tuesday at his Los Angeles home, sheriff's officials said Wednesday.
He was booked into the East Los Angeles sheriff's station on suspicion of murder.
A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday shortly after the attack at David Wark Griffith Middle School in the 4700 block of East 4th Street. The suspects' names were not released because they are minors.
Sheriff's Lt. Holly Francisco said Friday that Steven and another boy from a nearby high school were sitting in a semi-open corridor of the middle school when the 13-year-old boy approached Steven and stabbed him.
Steven was taken to local hospital and pronounced dead.
The 13-year-old boy has been charged with murder and faces additional gang and weapons allegations, said Greg Risling, spokesman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office.
The boy denied the charge and allegations during a juvenile court hearing Wednesday.
He remained jailed at a juvenile detention center.