This is our look at President-elect Donald Trump's transition and the outgoing Obama administration. Here's what's happening:
- Nancy Pelosi beats back challenger to retain House leadership post
- Trump tweets he will announce plans to leave his businesses to focus on presidency
- Trump picks Wall Street exec Steven Mnuchin to head Treasury
- Trade critic Wilbur Ross to lead Commerce department
- Romney and Trump discuss State over frog legs
Donald Trump asked Ben Carson to consider serving as secretary of Housing and Urban Development, an advisor to the former Republican presidential candidate said Tuesday.
They discussed the potential job at a meeting in the morning and Carson is "seriously considering" it, said the advisor, Armstrong Williams.
"It’s a role that plays to Dr. Carson’s passions," he said.
Asked what qualifications the retired neurosurgeon has for overseeing housing policy, Williams said: “Dr. Carson has experience with everything. You’d be shocked at the depth of his experience.”
Williams had previously suggested that Carson didn't feel he had the experience to serve in Trump's Cabinet, but he said Tuesday that those comments were taken out of context.
Housing secretary was one of a few options discussed Tuesday, Williams said.
Carson always felt that he'd be willing to serve in the administration if Trump "felt that no one else could fill the position," he added.