Advertisement

The Region

Three men were hospitalized and 21 others were treated for dizziness, nausea and respiratory problems after a chemical spill at the Technicolor building in Universal City, a Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman said. Firefighters and company officials evacuated part of the three-story building after 20 gallons of a toxic chemical used as a cleaning solvent spilled from a 55-gallon drum in a processing lab shortly after midnight, according to Dan Slusser of Universal Studios. Two employees were admitted to Burbank Community Hospital’s intensive care unit after the accident. Another was admitted to the coronary care unit. All were listed in stable condition.


Advertisement