3 Women Burned When Aerosol Can Explodes

Three women were burned Saturday at a Little League pancake breakfast when an aerosol can of shortening overheated and exploded, the Fire Department reported.

Sonja Anya, 33, Mary Debusdevalempre, 27, and Esther Hernandez, 65, all of Corona, were treated for first- and second-degree burns of the face, hands and arms at Corona Community Hospital.

The incident occurred when the spray can was left too close to a hot grill and exploded, Fire Capt. Bill McDonald said. Both the can's contents and the grease already on the grill ignited and burned the three women.

The Corona American Little League's Pancake Breakfast was at Raney Junior High School.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
58°