10 County Referral Offices Offer Child Care Guidance
Forty-four organizations in Los Angeles County have been awarded a total of $5 million in state funds to develop after-school programs to care for “latchkey” children whose working parents cannot attend to them in the afternoon.
The money will provide nearly 3,000 subsidized slots at the program sites. An equal number of slots for parents who can afford to pay for after-school care will also be established.
For information on which local organizations are providing the service and when their programs will begin, parents may call one of 10 state-funded child-care resource and referral offices that serve various parts of the county.
- Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (East Los Angeles), (818) 289-0285.
- Options (western San Gabriel Valley) (818) 309-9117.
- Child Care Information Service (Pomona, eastern San Gabriel Valley), (714) 629-5011.
- Child Care Resource Center of San Fernando Valley, (818) 781-7099.
- Child, Youth and Family Services (Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silver Lake), (213) 664-2937.
- Child Care Information Service (Pasadena, La Canada), (818) 796-4341.
- Children’s Home Society (Long Beach, southeastern county), (213) 543-2273.
- Connections For Children (Westside), (213) 395-3605.
- Crystal Stairs (Inglewood, South-Central Los Angeles), (213) 673-6390.
- Equipoise Endeavor (Compton, Lynwood, Palos Verdes), (213) 537-9016.