Special Hours for Voters’ Registration
Monday is the last day to register to vote in the June 3 election, which includes the gubernatorial primary. To handle an expected surge of people signing up, special provisions have been made to allow registration over the weekend and until midnight Monday.
The County Registrar of Voters and the offices of clerks in the county’s 14 cities will be open as usual from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday.
Additionally, some city clerks have made provisions to accept registrations at selected police and fire stations and other sites from 5 p.m. until midnight Monday, according to Maggie Edwards, spokeswoman for the registrar of voters.
Some of those sites are:
- Carlsbad Police Department, 1200 Elm Ave.
- Chula Vista Police Department, 276 4th Ave.
- Del Mar Fire Station, 2200 Jimmy Durante Blvd.
- El Cajon Police Department, 100 Fletcher Parkway.
- Escondido City Clerk’s office, 100 Valley Blvd.
- San Diego City Administration Building lobby, 202 C St.
- County Registrar of Voters, 5201-I Ruffin Road.
- Santee City Clerk’s office, 10765 Woodside Ave.
Special provisions have also been made to register voters today from 3 to 7 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. at a number of shopping centers in the county. Some of these sites are:
- Vons at the Chula Vista shopping center, 555 I St.
- El Cajon K Mart, 298 Fletcher Parkway.
- Pacific Beach Sav-On Drugs, 1656 Garnet Ave.
- Escondido Vons Market, 2345 E. Valley Parkway.
- National City Sav-On Drugs, 1202 E. Plaza Blvd.
Edwards said several thousand voters register throughout the county daily. This weekend her office expects at least 10,000 people to sign up.
Anyone interested in finding a site near them should call the number listed for the County Registrar of Voters.