HR Broadcasting Acquires 2 Independent TV Stations

HR Broadcasting of Encino said it has completed the purchase of independent television stations WCGV in Milwaukee and WTTO in Birmingham, Ala. Terms were not disclosed.

HR, a unit of HAR Communications, was formed earlier this year to buy the stations. It is headed by Albert Krivin, who retired in 1980 as president of Metromedia’s broadcast group.

Krivin, who serves as a director of Hal Roach Studios in Hollywood, owns 80% of HAR Communications along with Hal Roach President Robin French and Hal Gaba, the studio’s vice chairman. The studio owns the other 20% of HAR Communications.

The stations were bought from companies owned by Santa Monica businessman Byron Lasky.