Advertisement

Local News in Brief : Newport Beach : Plumber’s Torch Starts Condo Fire

A fire in a condominium complex Friday caused major damage to two units, a spokesman for the Newport Beach Fire Department said.

Two other units in the 4300 block of Patrice Road had smoke damage, spokesman Russell Cheek said. There were no injuries.

Cheek said the fire was accidentally started by a plumber who was working with a torch in the kitchen of one of the units. The fire department was called at 2:40 p.m. and it took 31 firefighters from Newport Beach and Huntington Beach 25 minutes to control the blaze, he said.


Advertisement
Advertisement