Encinitas

A 35-year-old man was found dead in a field north of the 100 block of Encinitas Boulevard Sunday morning.

A field worker reported finding the body of Manuel Francisco, address unknown, to a local priest, who reported it to authorities, the Sheriff's Department reported.

A coroner's office spokesman said the cause of death was blows to the head.

Examination of the field where Francisco was found revealed that he died there Friday, Sheriff's Department spokesman Lt. John Tenwolde said.

No arrests had been made by Monday evening.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
56°