HUNTINGTON BEACH : Delivery Room Fire Forces Evacuation

A blanket warmer in a labor room at Humana Hospital apparently overheated and caught fire Wednesday night, forcing employees to move a woman in labor out of the hospital wing, hospital officials said. No injuries were reported.

The 9 p.m. blaze in the rear of a delivery room was quickly extinguished by a sprinkler system, hospital spokeswoman Marge Claggett said.

"We had one lady in labor, and we had to move her out of there pretty quickly," Claggett said.

The mother-to-be was in the front of the labor wing and was moved only as a precaution, she added.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
69°