A five-week workshop, The Parent's Symposium, is planned for Tuesdays in June.
The symposium is sponsored by a group of parents in the west San Gabriel Valley and Glendale areas.
* Pasadena psychologists Lydia and Robert Glass will discuss self-esteem of parent and child June 2.
* Educator Tere Wilshin of Dana Point will speak on communication, talking and listening to children June 9.
* The program June 16 will be children at school, parent as co-teacher and parents' legal rights. Speakers will be Maria Tortorelli, an attorney and former San Dimas councilwoman, and Mary Whiteley of Glendale, a teacher in the Los Angeles Unified School District.
* On June 23, speech pathologist Erin Hyer of Pasadena will speak on love and discipline.
* Children's sexuality will be discussed June 30 by Michael Donnelly, a counselor at San Gabriel High School, and Morris Kight, a West Hollywood community activist.
Sessions will be at 7 p.m. at Glendale Church of Religious Science, 2146 E. Chevy Chase Drive. Cost is $50 for five sessions, or $12 a night. Information: (818) 355-6065.