‘Seinfeld’ Gets 3 WGA Nominations
“Seinfeld” captured three of the five nominations for best writing in a comedy series in the 45th annual competition for Writers Guild of America awards for television and radio.
Winners, who are judged on the basis of their scripts, will be announced March 22. The awards cover the period from Sept. 1, 1991, to Aug. 31, 1992.
A partial list of nominees:
* Episodic comedy: Larry David, Larry Levin, “Seinfeld: The New Friend,” NBC; Larry David, Greg Daniels, “Seinfeld: The Parking Space,” NBC; Larry David, Jerry Seinfeld, Matt Goldman, “Seinfeld: The Stranded,” NBC; Diane English, Korby Siamis, “Murphy Brown: Uh-Oh, Part II,” CBS; Gary David Goldberg, “Brooklyn Bridge: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling,” CBS.
* Episodic drama: Henry Bromell, “I’ll Fly Away: Amazing Grace,” NBC; Robin Green, “Northern Exposure: Burning Down the House,” CBS; Kevin Arkadie, “I’ll Fly Away: Coming Home,” NBC; Diane Frolov, Andrew Schneider, “Northern Exposure: Seoul Mates,” NBC.
* Original long form: Cynthia Whitcomb, “Guilty Until Proven Innocent,” NBC; Lynn Latham, Bernard Lechowick, “Homefront (pilot),” ABC; Deborah Joy LeVine, “Something to Live For: The Alison Gertz Story,” ABC.
* Adapted long form: Ann Beckett, “Broken Cord,” ABC; Tracy Keenan Wynn, “Carolina Skeletons,” NBC; Anna Sandor, “Miss Rose White,” NBC; Neil Simon, “Broadway Bound,” ABC.
* Variety-musical, award, tribute, special event: Elvis Mitchell, George Stevens Jr., “AFI Tribute to Sidney Poitier,” NBC; Danny Lemos, Bruce Vilanch, “In a New Light,” ABC; Julie Brown, Charlie Coffey, “Medusa: Dare to Be Truthful,” Showtime.
* Radio documentary: Brian Seligson, Joel H. Komisarow, “The Coming of Age in America,” CBS; Stephen B. Jones, “Perspective: Hotel Santa Fe,” ABC; Carol Pauli, Pam Rauscher, “After Apartheid: A Nation Divided,” CBS.