Goodman Is Promoted at Castle Rock
Castle Rock Entertainment, the film and television producer recently acquired by Turner Broadcasting System, has promoted David Goodman to vice president of business affairs.
Goodman will oversee feature film and television contract negotiations and other business activities. He reports to Jess Wittenberg, Castle Rock’s senior vice president of business and legal affairs.
Castle Rock’s films include “In the Line of Fire,” “A Few Good Men” and the upcoming “City Slickers II.”
* Fox Broadcasting has named Richard Licata senior vice president of publicity and public relations. Licata succeeds Betsy Hoffman, who is leaving Fox. Licata was previously vice president of West Coast media relations for Home Box Office.
* Jay Kriegel, former CBS Inc. senior vice president, has become a counselor to the high-powered New York public relations firm Abernathy MacGregor Scanlon. Kriegel, who was a top aide to CBS Inc. Chairman Laurence A. Tisch, will help develop the firm’s communications and entertainment practice.
* Richard Frankie has been named to head the newly created business affairs department at Columbia TriStar Television Distribution. Frankie most recently was senior vice president of business affairs at Columbia Pictures Television, which has been combined with TriStar Television.
* Robert Moore has been promoted to senior vice president of planning and control for Walt Disney Pictures & Television.
* Collene Farley is moving to Lee Solters Co. as vice president of entertainment, from the arts and entertainment division of Rogers & Cowan.
* David Garber has been appointed senior vice president of distribution and marketing for Live Entertainment.