Executive Appointed at Hyundai Motor Finance
* Mitchell L. Hogins has been appointed vice president of finance for Hyundai Motor Finance Co. in Fountain Valley. He was formerly vice president and controller of Security Pacific Auto Finance in Westlake Village and, before that, comptroller for the First National Bank of Anchorage.
* Frank Borst, Tim Crabtree and Gary Smith have been named to positions as vice president and officers of Odetics Inc., an Anaheim supplier of information management products. Borst is director of global business development and managing director of Odetics Asia Pacific. Crabtree is general manager of Odetics Broadcast, and Gary Smith is corporate controller.
* Melanie Tate has joined Lincoln Property Co. in Irvine as director of training. She was formerly senior sales trainer for McNeil Real Estate Management in Houston. Before that, Tate was a property manager and leasing consultant with Landsdowne East in Lexington, Ky.
* Alan J. Whiley has joined the Orange office of BDO Seidman, an accounting, tax and consulting firm, as an audit partner. He previously spent 20 years at KPMG.
* Michael Jackson has been appointed Southwest Area vice president for Coors Brewing Co. Jackson joins the Irvine office from Kraft General Foods, where he was director of sales for 13 Western states in the frozen desserts division.
* Donald Danks has been appointed chief executive and president of Advantage Life Products Inc., an Irvine health care and beauty aid company. Jim Stapleton, who had been serving as interim chief executive, has been named executive vice president and chief operating officer. Danks held the chief executive position until July, 1993, when the company acquired Lasting Cosmetics Inc. At that time, Lasting Cosmetics chief executive Michael Ackerman assumed the chief executive post, with Danks remaining president.
* Paul Knopick has been appointed director of public relations for FHP International Corp., a Fountain Valley health care services company. He was formerly director of media relations for ICN Pharmaceuticals Inc. and before that was with Consumers Power Co. in Michigan, an investor-owned utility.
* Steve Gough has been appointed general sales manager of Cypress-based Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc.'s Southeast region. Gough, who has been with the company since 1986, had been franchise development manager for the region.
* Dennis Joyce has been appointed to the newly created position of vice president, operations, for Kofax Image Products, an Irvine image-processing software and hardware company. He has responsibility for the company’s manufacturing and quality-control departments. Joyce joined Kofax in 1989 as director of manufacturing. Before that, he directed the quality-assurance operations at FileNet Corp., and managed the quality-control department at Pertec Computer Corp.