Pacific Scientific Co. Appoints President of Instruments Division
Joseph R. Monkowski has been appointed president of the instruments division of Pacific Scientific Co., a Newport Beach manufacturer of electrical and safety equipment. He succeeds Robert L. Olsen, who remains a consultant to the company. Monkowski previously held positions with Photon Dynamics Inc., Lam Research Corp., and Schumacher Co. He was also chairman and president of Monkowski-Rhine Inc., which was bought by Lam Research.
* Kenneth T. Sipiora has been appointed a senior vice president of Marsh & McLennan Inc. in the Newport Beach office. He had been sales manager in the insurance brokerage’s Indianapolis office before transferring to the Newport Beach office in 1993. Before that, Sipiora was a property and casualty broker in the Midwest for 16 years.
* Ernest J. Casarez has formed Casarez & Associates, a Lake Forest consulting firm. He had been president of Cornerstone Bank in Mission Viejo since its formation in 1983. Before that, Casarez was assistant manager of the Latin American division for Bank of America.
* Kim Carino has been appointed to the newly created position of director of merchandising for Interplay Productions Inc., an Irvine entertainment software company. Before joining Interplay in 1991, she held marketing positions with Mattel Toys and Tomy Toys. Carino also directed marketing and licensing at the Corinthia Group, an independent record label.
* Bob Furtado has been named senior vice president of operations for Ingram Micro Inc., a Santa Ana wholesale distributor of microcomputer products. Furtado was named vice president of operations for Ingram Micro in 1989. In addition, Alain Maquet has been appointed vice president of Southern European operations, and Erik van Netten was appointed vice president of Northern European operations. Maquet joined the company in 1993 as managing director of Ingram Micro France. Van Netten joined Ingram Micro in 1993 as managing director of the Netherlands operation through the acquisition of the Trend Group, where he was owner and president.
* John Wheeler has been appointed to the newly created position of chief operating officer for Security Environmental Systems Inc., a Huntington Beach waste management, remediation and transportation services company. Wheeler was formerly president of two hazardous waste treatment facilities in the Midwest.