When Pets Aren't Wanted

Places that will take unwanted creepy-crawlies:

* The Southwestern Herpetologists Society. Call Eric Akaba at (310) 478-0178. The society will take any reptile, amphibian, scorpion, tarantula or other invertebrate, whether healthy, sick or injured.

* Some pet shops will accept healthy animals for resale or will work with owners to find homes for unwanted pets.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World