* Kent Lane has been appointed vice president of manufacturing for Oakley Inc., an Irvine designer and manufacturer of sunglasses and goggles. Lane joined the company last year as director of manufacturing. In addition, Donna Gordon was named vice president of finance. She has been controller since 1990 and corporate secretary since 1993.
* Philip Andrews has joined Orange National Bank as vice president and commercial loan officer of the Katella office. He previously held a similar position with Eldorado Bank, and before that was senior vice president in credit administration for Corporate Bank.
* Steven L. Bennett has been named vice president for First American Title Insurance Co. in Santa Ana and will serve as chief information officer for the parent company, First American Financial Corp. Bennett's responsibilities in the newly created position will include overseeing the data processing and information systems. He previously worked with the company on a consultant basis and is responsible for the creation and installation of the computer accounting system.
* George Balogh has been appointed regional operations manager for Trigild Corp., taking charge of operations for 10 Southern California properties. He will work out of the Anaheim regional office. Balogh was previously general manager of the company's Comfort Suites in Anaheim.
* Dan Shapero has been named vice president of marketing for State of the Art Inc., an Irvine accounting software developer. He was formerly the company's vice president of product management, client/server. Before joining State of the Art, Shapero had marketing and product management experience in the client/server accounting market with Platinum Software and Ernst & Young. In addition, Stephen Klann has been appointed acting vice president of sales. He succeeds Jennifer Wilson, who resigned to pursue other business opportunities. Klann is currently a board member of Digital Tools Inc. He was president and chief executive of IXI Corp., a software utility developer that merged with Santa Cruz Operation Inc.
* T. Raymond Mesa has been appointed president of Newport Beach-based Comprehensive Care Corp.'s subsidiary, CareUnit Inc. of St. Louis. Mesa will be responsible for the operation of CareUnit contracts and free-standing hospitals. Before joining CareUnit, Mesa was executive director, Behavioral Health Institute for Good Samaritan Health System. He was the executive contact for administration of the contract between the Good Samaritan Health System and CareUnit.
* Michele Sperl has joined the Transportation Corridor Agencies in Santa Ana in the newly created position of public affairs associate. She will be responsible for tracking legislation, working on community issues involving the operation of the San Joaquin Hills, Foothill and Eastern Transportation corridors and assisting with marketing and media relations. Sperl was previously an executive assistant for former Orange County Supervisor Gaddi H. Vasquez.
* Karen Goodyear has been appointed vice president in the Costa Mesa office of Johnson & Higgins, an insurance broker. Goodyear, previously an assistant vice president, will be responsible for client consultation, identifying potential business risks and negotiating coverage and premiums for existing middle-market clients.
* Leon Kaufman has been named vice president, engineering, for Toshiba America MRI Inc., a subsidiary of Tustin-based Toshiba America Medical Systems Inc. He will oversee all engineering functions for both the hardware and software development of new products as well as enhancements for existing products. Since 1978, Kaufman has directed product development and research at UC San Francisco's Radiologic Imaging Laboratory. The laboratory joined Toshiba last year.
* Christopher Oberle has been appointed retail marketing manager for American Savings Bank in Irvine. He joined American from the Transamerica Life Companies in Los Angeles, where he was director of market forecasting.
* Craig Steigler has been named technical systems director for the Orange Coast Assn. of Realtors. Before joining the association, he was a computer coordinator for the Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley Assn. of Realtors.
* Alfred R. Weingartner has joined Prolux Corp., a San Juan Capistrano designer of liquid crystal display-based projection systems, as senior vice president, corporate development. He previously spent six years at Rainbow Technologies Inc. in Irvine, as a member of the board of directors and executive vice president.
* Eric Lesin has been appointed vice president and general manager of Irvine-based AAC Corp.'s Call Center Systems division. He succeeds Joseph V. Russo, who was named to the newly created position of senior vice president, corporate development. Lesin had been overseeing sales and operations activities for AAC's first Latin American subsidiary, AAC de Mexico. He joined the company in 1992 from Telcom Technologies Corp., where he was vice president in charge of quality and support services.
* Karen Robinson has been named senior account executive at Gladstone International, an Irvine public relations firm. Robinson, who has been with the company since 1992, had been an account executive.
* Clint Pollard has been selected vice president and general manager of GTE Directories' West region, based in Los Alamitos. Pollard joined GTE Directories in 1987 as vice president, public relations and was named vice president, marketing and communications in 1988.