National Bank Appoints 2 to Regional Office
* Walter Con has been appointed vice president in charge of real estate loans for National Bank of Southern California’s new Beach Cities regional office in Fountain Valley. He had been senior vice president of Huntington National Bank for the past eight years. Kent Falk has been named vice president and commercial loan officer in the same office. He joins the bank from Huntington National Bank, where he was senior vice president and credit administrator.
* Gerald R. Conn has joined Merrill Lynch in Newport Beach as a resident vice president. He had been with Paine Webber since 1993.
* Arthur C. Schuler has been named resident vice president of the newly expanded Costa Mesa operation of Alexander & Alexander Inc., the risk management consulting and insurance services subsidiary of Alexander & Alexander Services Inc. The company recently completed the acquisition of most of the U.S. retail insurance brokering and consulting operations of Jardine Insurance Brokers Inc., including the Orange County office.
* Tawnya Wojciechowski has joined the Newport Beach office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton. Wojciechowski, who practices intellectual property law, was previously with Rubbermaid Inc. and Mattel Inc.
* Brent Evans has been named to the newly created position of director of international sales and marketing for Unit Instruments Inc., a Yorba Linda manufacturer of mass flow controllers for the semiconductor industry. He was formerly vice president of global marketing for Whessoe Varec Inc., an instrumentation and capital equipment manufacturer. James Pinto has been appointed to the new position of director of international business development. He had previously been managing director of Cal-Tex Marketing, a consulting firm. In addition, Raymond P. Siu has joined the company as a senior reliability engineer. He was formerly a safety analysis specialist at American NuKem Corp. and before that, a senior consulting engineer and a senior nuclear engineer at United Engineers & Constructors, a division of Raytheon Engineers.
* Patrick M. Donovan has joined ARV Assisted Living Inc. in Costa Mesa as vice president of finance. He was previously vice president of accounting with Transpacific Development Co. Also, Anthony Sandoval has been named vice president and controller. He has been with the company since 1988, most recently as property management controller.