Deaths on Movie Sets : Some fatal accidents on movie sets:
* March 31, 1993: Actor Brandon Lee was accidentally killed by a .44-caliber slug during the filming of “The Crow.” The slug was fired from a prop gun that was supposed to be loaded with blanks.
* Jan. 3, 1992: A worker was crushed to death between two lighting equipment cranes on the set of the Kevin Costner movie “The Bodyguard.”
* Aug. 20, 1989: Film producer Toby Halicki, who won a cult following with car-crash movies, is killed when a water tower falls prematurely during filming for the movie “Gone in 60 Seconds II.”
* May 16, 1989: Five people killed in the Philippines when a helicopter crashes during filming of the Chuck Norris film “Stranglehold: Delta Force II.”
* July 23, 1982: Actor Vic Morrow and two children were killed when a helicopter fell on them during filming of a special-effects sequence for the movie “The Twilight Zone.”