Back in the Swim
Thirteen of the 16 pools maintained by the city of Los Angeles and five county-run pools in the San Fernando Valley will open Saturday for the summer.
Two city pools--at Hubert Humphrey Memorial Park in Pacoima and at Cleveland High School in Reseda--are open year-round. Another, Sepulveda Recreation Center in Panorama City, is under repair.
Most pools’ weekend hours are 1 to 5 p.m.; weekday hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is 75 cents for children younger than 18 and $1.25 for adults. The pools are situated at:
* Cleveland High School Pool, 8120 Vanalden Ave., Reseda.
* Fernangeles Recreation Center, 8851 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Sun Valley.
* Granada Hills Recreation Center, 16730 Chatsworth St.
* Hubert Humphrey Memorial Park, 12560 Fillmore St., Pacoima.
* Lanark Recreation Center, 21816 Lanark St., Canoga Park.
* North Hollywood Recreation Center, 5301 Tujunga Ave.
* Northridge Park, 10058 Reseda Blvd.
* Ritchie Valens Recreation Center, 10731 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Pacoima.
* Reseda Recreation Center, 18411 Victory Blvd.
* Sun Valley Pool, 8123 Vineland Ave.
* Sylmar Park, 13109 Borden Ave.
* Valley Plaza Recreation Center, 12240 Archwood St., North Hollywood.
* Van Nuys-Sherman Oaks Recreation Center, 14201 Huston St., Sherman Oaks.
* Verdugo Hills Pool, 10654 Irma Ave., Tujunga.
* Woodland Hills Recreation Center, 5858 Shoup Ave.
The county pools are open from 12:30 to 5 p.m. daily. Admission is $1 for children under 18, $2 for adults. They are located at:
* El Cariso Park, 13100 Hubbard St., Sylmar.
* Knollwood Pool, 12040 Balboa Blvd., Granada Hills.
* George Lane Pool, 5520 West Ave. L-8, Quartz Hill.
* Everett Martin Park, 35548 N. 92nd St., Littlerock.
* Val Verde Pool, 30300 W. Arlington St., Val Verde.