Be an angel this holiday season. Proceeds from the sale of this limited edition holiday ornament will go to benefit Futures for Children, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of children and their families around the world. Suggested donation, $14. To order, call (800) 856-8167.
Make This a Season to Be Jolly, Not Sad
The National Safe Kids Campaign, chaired by former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop, says the leading cause of toy-related injury and death are falls from riding toys and choking on small toys and toy parts. For a free copy of the campaign's "Play Smart Holiday Guide to Toy Safety," call (800) 607-6446.
* The Craft and Folk Art Museum, is sponsoring folk toy workshops. Participants can make a circus with carousel, acrobats, balancing acts and animals. Limited enrollment. Ages 9 to adult. $15 tuition includes materials. 5814 Wilshire Blvd. at Curson. (213) 937-5544.
* The Huntington Harbour Philharmonic Committee, in support of the Philharmonic Society of Orange County, sponsors the 34th annual Cruise of Lights, a narrated 45-minute boat tour through Huntington Harbour to view lights and animated scenes on homes. The event benefits free music education for Orange County schoolchildren. Nightly at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 and 8:30 through Dec. 22. Cost for adults is $8.50 Monday through Thursday, $10 Friday through Sunday. Children 2 to 12, $5. Tickets must be purchased in advance: (714) 840-7542 (MasterCard or Visa).
* Schools, clubs and organized groups may sign up for tours at the new Hollywood Entertainment Museum. Children of all ages can take a behind-the-scenes look at the entertainment industry and work with sound and film. Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. 7021 Hollywood Blvd. $7.50 for adults, $3 for children. Information: (213) 469-9151.
* All God's Children Performing Arts Conservatory presents "A Soulful Christmas," a musical adaptation of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol." 7 p.m. West Angeles Christian Arts Center, 3020 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angles. $15 for adults, $10 for children 12 and under. Call for box office hours. Information: (213) 252-9731; box office: (213) 733-8707.
* The Jewish Federation, in cooperation with LA Woks, sponsors Tikkun LA, a day of giving. Participants will use their day off to provide assistance throughout Los Angeles to people who are alone or unprovided for on Christmas. Volunteers will do arts and crafts with children, paint and repair facilities, and prepare and distribute food and toys. A free breakfast will be served. Registration required: (213) 683-3433. Meeting point is the Jewish Federation Building, 6505 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles.
* Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop presents "Clown Faces and Balloon Animal Fun" with Dynamite Dave. Face painting as clowns, pirates and princesses will be taught. In addition, kids will learn how to make balloon creatures. Ages 5 to 10. $5 per class. 10 a.m. to noon. 1030 Bonita Ave., La Verne. (909) 559-4558.
* This family roundup appears on Sundays. Items to be considered should be mailed 3 1/2 weeks before the event to Aaron Davis, The Family File, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Fax: (213) 237-4712.