3 pm: Jazz
Trumpeter Bobby Rodriguez has just released “A Latin Jazz Christmas” on JMI records, a rhythmic holiday album that recasts “Jingle Bells” as a samba, “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” as a cha-cha-cha and “Silent Night” as a bolero. Rodriguez and his band of Santa’s helpers promise a little salsa in their season’s greetings when they play this family-oriented program.
* Bobby Rodriguez Latin Jazz Christmas, Luckman Fine Arts Complex, Cal State L.A., 5151 State University Drive. $15-$32.50. (213) 343-6600.
1 pm: Holidays
Visit Monrovia’s lovely Anderson House Museum decorated for a Christmas Open House. Tour the Victorian house, filled with early Monrovia memorabilia and 1900s household items. The program is presented by the Monrovia Historical Society.
* George Anderson Christmas Open House, 215 E. Lime Ave., Monrovia. 1-4 p.m. Free. (626) 358-0803.
4 pm: Music
Join members of the South Coast Chorale as they present a concert of Irving Berlin’s music from the film “White Christmas,” including “Sisters,” “The Best Things Happen While You’re Dancing,” “Count Your Blessings” and, of course, the title song. The concert will also feature “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” and “Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella,” plus a sing-along.
* South Coast Chorale presents music from the film “White Christmas,” Carpenter Performing Arts Center, 6200 Atherton St., Long Beach. $15-$25. (562) 985-7000.
5 pm: Singles
Do you feel like you’re all thumbs whenever you have to wrap a gift? Singles are invited to bring presents, wrapping, ribbons and bows to the “To Die for Gift Wrapping Workshop & Party,” where artist Ann Marie Sanders will teach you to make artful gift wrapping creations like a pro.
* “To Die for Gift Wrapping Workshop & Party,” Coffee Gallery, 2029 Lake Ave., Altadena. 5-8 p.m. Free. (626) 398-7917.
4 pm: Music
Led by founder Maurita Phillips-Thornburg, the vocal ensemble Cantori Domino presents Bach’s “Magnificat” and a sing-along performance of Vivaldi’s “Gloria” at St. Augustine by-the-Sea in Santa Monica to note the holiday.
* Cantori Domino performs at St. Augustine by-the-Sea, 1227 4th St., Santa Monica. 4 p.m. $10-$15. (213) 662-5007.
8 pm: Country Music
Country star and actor-on-the-rise Dwight Yoakam usually fills the Universal Amphitheatre when he plays L.A., so his benefit concert for the Los Angeles Mission at cozy Billboard Live offers a rare chance to get up close and personal with his country-edge sound.
* Dwight Yoakam, Billboard Live, 9039 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood. Sold out. (310) 786-1712.
FREEBIE: L.A. Composers Guild performs new works at the L.A. County Museum of Art, 4 p.m. (213) 485-6873.