Sisters in Crime to Host Program in Huntington
The Orange County chapter of Sisters in Crime--an organization of mystery authors and readers--will host a fifth anniversary celebration and author appreciation program at 3 p.m. today in the community room at Pacifica Hospital, 18800 Delaware Ave., Huntington Beach.
The public is invited.
Author readings and signings by members who have had books published this year will be presented by Maxine O’Callaghan (“Only in the Ashes”), Taylor Smith (“The Best of Enemies”), Barbara Seranella (“No Human Involved”) Patricia Guiver (“Delilah Doolittle and the Purloined Pooch”) and Martin J. Smith (“Time Release”).
Pat Broeske, author of “Down at the End of Lonely Street: The Life and Death of Elvis Presley,” Mark Roseman and William B. Craig, co-authors of “You, the Jury,” and Vincent Sherman, author of “Studio Affairs: My Life as a Film Director,” will discuss their books at noon Thursday at the Round Table West literary luncheon in the Balboa Bay Club, 1221 W. Coast Highway, Newport Beach.
Tickets are $35. Reservations: (213) 256-7977.
Also this week
* Jonathan Kirsch, author of “The Harlot by the Side of the Road,” will speak and sign at 7 tonight at the Jewish Community Center of Orange County, 250 E. Baker St., Costa Mesa. $7 for members; $10 for nonmembers. Information: (714) 755-0340.
* Margaret Coel, author of “The Dream Stalker,” will sign at noon today and Peter Lance, author of “First Degree Burn,” will sign at 2 p.m. today at Coffee, Tea & Mystery, 13232 Springdale St., Westminster.
* Connie Merritt, author of “Finding Love (Again!): The Dating Survival Manual for Women Over Thirty,” will speak and sign at 7 tonight at Unity Singles of Tustin, 14402 Prospect Ave., Tustin.
* T.A. Barron, author of “Seven Songs of Merlin,” will sign at 3:30 p.m. Monday at A Whale of a Tale children’s bookstore, 4187 Campus Drive, Irvine.
* Poet Taylor Graham, whose work deals with her experiences as a volunteer search-and-rescue dog-handler, will read at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Crown Valley Library, 30341 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel.
* Aimee Liu, author of “Cloud Mountain,” will sign at 7 p.m. Thursday at Barnes & Noble in Metro Pointe, 901 South Coast Drive, Costa Mesa.
* Ronald Woolsey, author of “Migrants West, Toward the Southern California Frontier,” will speak and sign at 7 p.m. Friday at Borders Books and Music, 429 S. Associated Road, Brea.
* Alexandra Day, author of “Christmas We Moved to the Barn,” will sign at 3 p.m. Friday at Whale of a Tale children’s bookstore, 4187 Campus Drive, Irvine.
* Thom Elkjer, author of “Hook, Line & Murder,” will sign at 2 p.m. Saturday at Mystery Ink/Upchurch-Brown Booksellers, 384 Forest Ave., Laguna Beach.
* Cartoonist Kevin Fagan will sign “Son of Drabble,” a collection of his cartoons, at 2 p.m. Saturday at Barnes & Noble in Triangle Square, 1870 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa.
* Lois Nightingale, author of “My Parents Still Love Me Even Though They’re Getting Divorced,” will speak at 7 p.m. Saturday at Borders Books and Music, 429 Associated Road, Brea.
Send information about bookrelated events at least 10 days before event to: Dennis McLellan, O.C. Books & Authors, Life & Style, The Times, 1375 Sunflower Ave., Costa Mesa, CA 92626.