Lots of Luck to You
You’ll all be needing it . . .
* Double Rainbow. Melrose Avenue shops and cafes come and go, but Double Rainbow’s been its own pot of gold--13 years, and this ice cream bar is still a central hub for those looking to get lucky. 7376 Melrose Ave., Hollywood, (323) 655-1986. All ages, no cover.
* Good Luck. One trip to this Eastside bar, and you can toss away that rabbit’s foot for good. There’s something to be said for service and a smile. 1514 Hillhurst Ave., Los Feliz, (323) 666-3524. 21 and over, no cover.
* Horse Shoe. The coffeehouse of choice for Ventura Boulevard subversives, who cruise for fellow caffeine freaks at this night-owl hang (it’s open till 2 a.m. on weekends). 14568 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, (818) 986-4262. All ages, no cover.
* Lucky Seven. A late-night supper club, which opened its doors a year ago this week, Lucky Seven’s weekly Tuesday night show, “Cocktails With Joey,” led by Joey Altruda, offers those with a little dinero a chance to get a break. (There’s no cover charge on Tuesdays). 1610 Vine St., Hollywood, (323) 463-7777. 21 and over, cover varies.
* Lucky’s. You wouldn’t be the first person to meet a sig’ otro in the produce section of a supermarket. With Burbank’s industry stiffs usually toiling their tales off, re-upping on groceries at midnight might be their last chance for love. 3830 W. Verdugo Ave., Burbank, (818) 954-0817. All shoppers admitted.
* Opium Den. This Hollywood nightclub offers a couple separate Buddah statues carefully positioned for maximum belly rubbing. We advise you do so. 1605 N. Ivar Ave., Hollywood, (323) 466-7800. 21 and over, cover varies.