Supplies Sought for Needy Schoolchildren
The Orange County Child Abuse Prevention Center is seeking school supplies for abused and neglected children.
Crayons, notebooks, pens, highlighter pens, paperback dictionaries, spiral binders, safety scissors, lunch boxes, rulers, calculators and construction paper are among the items needed. There also is a special need for book bags and lunch boxes.
The Costa Mesa agency is gathering supplies for 500 needy children. Donated materials should be new, suitable for children 5 to 16-year-old and free of violent illustrations.
There are several places to bring donations through Aug. 20. They include:
* Child Abuse Prevention Center, 2482 Newport Blvd., Suite 3, Costa Mesa
* Create A Party Rentals, 1812 E. Imperial Highway, Brea
* Farr’s Stationery, 130 N. Raymond Ave., Fullerton
* Grove Theater Center Administrative Office, 12852 Main St., Garden Grove (Tuesday to Saturday, 2 to 6 p.m.)
* Costumes Galore, 1070 N. Batavia St., Orange
* Act Graphics, 3400 Irvine Blvd., Newport Beach
* Premiere Health, 150 Cabrillo Ave., San Clemente
Information: Bridget Riley at (949) 722-1107.