Looking for a good beach party? You'll have plenty to choose from over the miles of something-for-everyone coastline, from muscles to beer to music. Call the listed number for admission, hours and other information.
* July 2: Garden Party / Ice Cream Social on the beachfront Adamson Estate. Enjoy the ambience of colorful flowers and recorded mid-century music. Dress from the 1930s-'50s encouraged but not required. Malibu Lagoon State Beach. Reservations: (310) 457-8142.
* July 4: Bud Light Beer Pier Days activities include one-mile ocean swims, longboard surfing, beach runs, surfski runs and beach soccer. Manhattan Beach. (310) 456-0707.
Mr. and Mrs. Muscle Beach Venice Physique Contest lets you peep out the California hard bodies. Muscle Beach in Venice. (310) 674-6741.
Beach Pier Free Summer Concert Series features Latin jazz and salsa. Thursdays and Saturdays through Labor Day. Redondo Beach. (310) 374-2171.
* Aug. 1: Southern California Lifeguard Championship Events is a day of surf boat competitions, relay races and much more. Hermosa Beach Pier. (310) 545-8318.
* Aug. 29-30: Cuervo Gold Volleyball Tournament is one of the largest two-person volleyball series in the country. Venice Beach. (313) 882-3600.
* Sept. 19-20: Doheny Days Music Festival also features exhibits and vendors. Doheny State Beach in Dana Point. (714) 262-2662.
* Sept. 26: The Cabrillo Marine Aquarium Chocolate Lobster Dive is an underwater treasure hunt to raise money for the aquarium. Cabrillo Beach. (310) 548-7562, Ext. 9039.