The Irish Rovers offer their unique brand of blarney at 8 tonight at Glendale's Alex Theatre, 216 N. Brand Blvd. The Rovers have been touring for 34 years. Their hits include "The Unicorn" and "Wasn't That a Party?" (800) 233-3123. $25-$35.
* The Celtic Arts Center will have its regular Monday night meeting at the Raven Playhouse, 5233 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood. As usual, there'll be music and dancing and probably a mention of St. Patrick's Day, which falls on the very next day. No cover.
Many bars and restaurants will have some sort of recognition of this special day, including:
* Ireland's 32, 13721 Burbank Blvd., Van Nuys, 785-4031, is having two parties--on Sunday, 4-8 p.m. and on St. Patrick's Day, all day long from 9 a.m. til closing.
* Blarney Cove, 22105 Roscoe Blvd., Canoga Park, (818) 716-0321.
* Callahan's Lounge, 7557 Woodley Ave., Van Nuys, (818) 786-9542.
The Los Angeles Police Department and Budget Rent-A-Car are sponsoring their eighth annual St. Patrick's Day "Party Wagon."
On St. Patrick's Day between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m., patrons at any of the more than 300 participating bars and restaurants should dial or get someone else to dial (310) 840-2121 to get a safe ride home in one of the many passenger vans donated by Budget and driven by off-duty police officers. The service is free.
* The Celtic Arts Center is having its own St. Patrick's Day Bash and Spring Equinox Festival on March 22 at Mallory's Restaurant and Bar, 3575 Cahuenga Blvd., West, Universal City. This seven-hour celebration of Irish culture will feature traditional music, dance, storytelling, poetry and song from 3-10 p.m. The Celtic rock band Finn Mac Cool heads a list of performers that includes Robert Emmet Dunlap, Sean Fallon Walsh, Clark Branson and the An Claidheamh Soluis Dancers. $10 general admission, $5 students and seniors. A buffet supper is $7 and beverages will be available at happy-hour prices. Proceeds will benefit the Celtic Arts Center.
* The Woodland Hills Church of Religious Science is presenting "McGinty's Demise," a murder mystery lunch with a decidedly Celtic feel, noon to 3 p.m. March 28 at Bob Burns Restaurant, 21821 Oxnard St., Woodland Hills. For reservations, call (818) 713-0079. $50. Proceeds go the church.