What: U.S. Senior Open Web site.
The U.S. Senior Open is coming to Riviera in late July, and for those who can't wait, this Web site is just the ticket. It can be accessed at www.ussenioropen98.com.
The Web site, designed by a Santa Monica company, COW, contains graphic links to a variety of topics regarding the Open, including:
* Schedule--Provides a daily breakdown of rounds, tee times and pairings, once available.
* Top 25--A photographic leaderboard of the top 25 players on the Senior PGA Tour. Contains player biographies.
* Tickets--Enables fans to purchase daily or weekly tickets. Users of this service will receive confirmation of their orders in the mail within a few weeks and tickets will be mailed four weeks before the start of the tournament.
* Site information--Provides a hole-by-hole breakdown of Riviera Country Club and information regarding the 50th anniversary of Ben Hogan's victory there at the 1948 U.S. Open. Also provides a history of the U.S. Senior Open with information on past winners such as Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino.
* Hospitality--Describes the available hospitality packages and costs.
* Volunteers--Explains how to go about becoming a volunteer and includes application form that can be printed out.
* Personal caddie--This is a personalized calendar for golfers to keep track of their own tee times and scores.