Daily excerpts of crime and emergency reports from the 31 cities and other communities in Orange County. Some agencies update their logs less frequently than others.
* North Muller Street: Report of an assault and battery at 12:26 p.m. Friday in the 500 block.
* West Picadilly Way: Report of a forced residential burglary at 1:11 p.m. Friday in the 2500 block.
* South Ninth Street and Orangewood Avenue: Report of an assault with a deadly weapon at 6:32 p.m. Friday.
* West Atlas Street: Report of a theft in the 400 block 6:50 p.m. Monday.
* Birch Street: Report of a stolen vehicle in the 1700 block at 7:11 a.m. Monday.
* Lincoln Avenue: Report of stolen Apple laptop computer valued at up to $3,000 from an office in the 6900 block 1:05 p.m. Nov. 12.
* Lincoln Avenue: A thief broke through a bedroom window and stole stereo equipment and cash in the 6300 block Nov. 12.
* West 18th Street: Police investigated report of a stolen car in the 600 block about 2 p.m. Friday.
* West 19th Street: A caller reported a possible drunk driver near Placentia Avenue about 1:20 p.m. Friday.
* Newport Boulevard: Officers responded to a complaint about disturbing music in the 2100 block about 4:50 p.m. Saturday.
* Katella Avenue: Vandalism reported at 8:13 a.m. Friday when a suspect poured bleach and nail polish on a vehicle in the 5700 block.
* Valley View Street: Forgery reported at 9:45 a.m. Friday in the 9800 block. Counterfeit money was found.
* Petite Lane: Theft of a Winchester model 12 shotgun reported at 11:39 a.m. Friday in the 4500 block.
* Pacific Coast Highway: Report of a disturbance at 10:26 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 34000 block.
* Kalama River Avenue: A 25-year-old Georgia man who said he was too embarrassed to pay for an adult CD-ROM was arrested for shoplifting the software at an electronics store Tuesday at 9:34 p.m., police said. The man allegedly tried to steal “Ultra Vixen,” valued at $34.95. He did buy other software, and police said the man was carrying $443 in cash. He reportedly told store security, “It was just stupid. I was just too embarrassed to pay for it in the counter.”
* Kalama River Avenue: Police investigated a reported commercial burglary about 8:50 p.m. Sunday in the 10000 block.
* Gardenia Avenue: Report of a reckless driver in the 9000 block about 3 p.m. Sunday.
* Bushard Street: Officers responded to an audible burglar alarm in the 17800 block about 2:45 p.m. Monday.
* South Cornell Avenue: A residential burglary was reported at 11:28 a.m. Friday in the 100 block. Someone broke into the house through a window. Loss unknown.
* East Santa Fe Avenue: A petty theft was reported at 10:51 a.m. Friday in the 100 block.
* Bank robberies: A man dubbed “the mummy bandit” has been arrested in connection with six recent bank robberies in Long Beach, San Pedro, Hawaiian Gardens and Garden Grove, police said Wednesday. William Santos, 32, was taken into custody Monday morning after police stopped a car matching the description of one used by a man who had robbed a Sanwa Bank in Long Beach a short time earlier, said Long Beach police spokeswoman Karen Owens. The robber entered banks with white gauze partially wrapped around his head and chin, Owens said.
* Hope Street: Police arrested a man on suspicion of possessing methamphetamines Nov. 12 in the 13600 block.
* Clinton Street: Police arrested a woman on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon Saturday in the 13000 block after they found a loaded .357 Magnum revolver at her house.
* Moonshadow Circle: A caller said a heavy-set man wearing a red baseball cap appeared to be casing the area about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 7900 block.
* Bartlett Lane: Resident reported Tuesday that a vehicle was stolen from the alley behind the 16000 block.
* Culver Drive: Four or five male suspects in their early 20s followed patrons of a restaurant in the 15300 block and stole about $200,000 worth of jewelry at 6:57 p.m. Tuesday.
* Harvard Avenue: Someone entered a residence through an open sliding window, woke up a resident and demanded money at 12:36 a.m. Tuesday in the 19100 block. The victim gave him $400.
* Greenleaf: Someone stole a cell phone from the glove compartment of an unlocked car sometime before 8:05 a.m. Tuesday.
* Armstrong Avenue: A driver reported that his car’s rear window shattered for no apparent reason while he drove in the 17600 block at 7:51 a.m. Tuesday.
* North Harbor Boulevard: Petty theft reported at 4:04 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 800 block.
* East Grace Avenue: Vandalism reported at 10:40 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 300 block.
* East Erna Avenue: Shots heard at 4:32 a.m. Friday in the 800 block.
* Via Brenda: A resident reported two male juveniles setting some wood on fire at 4:59 p.m. Sunday in the 5000 block. Police were unable to locate the juveniles.
* Santiago Drive: A resident reported a dog barking for a while at 3:17 a.m. Sunday in the 4800 block. Police found several dogs at the location, but no one answered the door.
* Glenneyre Street: A man begging for money in front of a convenience store in the 800 block left when asked by police about 9 p.m. Saturday.
* Laguna Canyon Road: A caller reported a drunk driver “all over the road” near Big Bend Drive about midnight Saturday. Police stopped the man and found he was tired, not drunk.
* Alicia Parkway: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm Nov. 12 at 5:10 p.m. in the 24000 block.
* Calle de la Louisa: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm Nov. 12 at 4:50 p.m. in the 23000 block.
* Niguel Road: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm Friday at 6:22 a.m. in the 30000 block.
* Seafare: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm Nov. 12 at 7:23 a.m. in the 100 block.
* Muirlands Boulevard: Report of suspicious circumstances at 2:23 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 24000 block.
* El Toro Road: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm at 7:49 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 20000 block.
* Walnut Street: A resident got a scare about 8:50 p.m. Nov. 16 when he heard music coming from his house. Police investigated and discovered that a bored cat had hit the on-off switch on the radio.
* Alicia Parkway: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm at 5:18 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 24000 block.
* Baronet: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm at 1:29 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 26000 block.
* West Coast Highway: Officers investigated a report of a car burglary Monday in the 1000 block in which a $1,800 watch was stolen.
* Galaxy Drive: Police on Tuesday investigated the theft of $1,800 in clothing and stereo equipment from a home in the 1900 block.
* East Heim Avenue: An auto from a condominium garage in the 1800 block was reported stolen at 1:15 p.m. Sunday.
* East Katella Avenue: Synthetic narcotics were found in a motel room in the 1300 block at 10:45 a.m. Sunday.
* Pecos River: Report of several drivers speeding at 9:07 p.m. Friday.
* South Walnut Avenue: Report of loud music from a car at 4:08 p.m. Saturday.
* West La Jolla Street: Report of trespassing at 2:28 p.m. Saturday; eight males loitering in carport area in rear of complex.
* Calle de Industrias: Report of a citizen in need of assistance at 12:01 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 100 block.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
* Orangewood Road: Report of a robbery alarm at 8:47 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 26000 block.
* Dodge Avenue: Report of suspicious circumstances at 2:38 a.m. Nov. 11 in the 19000 block.
* Esplinade Street and Fairhaven Avenue: Report of a vehicle stop at 4:12 a.m. Nov. 11.
* Third Street: Some CD cases were stolen from a residence from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday. The burglar entered the house through a front window.
* Katella Avenue: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm at 3:44 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 8000 block.
* Knott Avenue: Report of suspicious circumstances at 3:30 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 10000 block.
* Mitchell Avenue: Vandalism to a green Dodge Colt in the Tustin Park Villas was reported at 10:44 a.m. Sunday in the 1800 block.
* Medallion Avenue: A resident reported a loud stereo at 12:29 a.m. Sunday in the 17000 block.
* San Juan Street: Two young men were reportedly smoking marijuana for nonmedicinal purposes at 2:52 p.m. Sunday in the 1100 block.
* West Third Street: Assault and battery alleged when a juvenile tried to take a skateboard from another person at 4:38 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block.
* Valley Drive: Report of reckless driving at 11:59 p.m. Nov. 12.
* Aberdeen Lane: Report of a disturbance at 9:05 p.m. Nov. 12.
* Taft Avenue: Report of a disturbance at 5:16 p.m. Friday in the 18000 block.
* Benchley Circle: A 32-year-old man was arrested on a parole warrant at 2:12 p.m. Nov. 11 in the 14500 block.
* Fairlynn Boulevard and Esperanza Road: Sheriff’s deputies responded Monday to a report of an audible robbery alarm at 10:15 p.m. in an unincorporated section of the city.
* Journey: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm at 3:39 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 100 block.
* Capobella: Report of a robbery with an audible alarm at 10:34 a.m. Nov. 12 in the 4000 block.
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA
* Santa Elena: Report of a disturbance at 9 p.m. Friday in the 100 block.
* Buckthorn: Report of citizen in need of assistance at 6:23 p.m. Nov. 12 in the 100 block.