Some after-hours clubs for the insomniacs among us . . .
* Arena. This gargantuan dance club in the heart of Hollywood hosts an all-ages dance club until 4 a.m. each Friday, with blaring hip-hop and house music. 6655 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, (323) 462-0714. All ages. $10 cover.
* Coconut Teaszer. The line forming down the street on Saturday nights is for "Does Your Momma Know?," the longest-running after-hours house party jam on the Sunset Strip. Dark and danceable, it's the place to let one's hair down. Also, the Teasz' now features after-hours dancing on Fridays, too. So, what's your 'scuse? 8117 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, (323) 654-4774. $10 cover, 18 and over.
* Coffee House. Last call for non-alcohol. This 24-hour restaurant plays music all night and is perfect for a little late-night rendezvous under the stars (with periodic after-hours deejays). 8226 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, (323) 848-7007. All ages, no cover. Open 24 hours (parking free during the day, $3 at night).
* 02. Because it's not slinging alcohol, this oxygen bar and health food restaurant offers good vibrations all night long, and features dancing on Fridays and Saturdays until 4 a.m. (with live music before midnight, and DJs 12-4). 8788 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, (310) 360-9002.
* Playroom. Like an army of mad boogiers, the folks who come to this gay after-hours hot spot on Saturdays mean business. Known to dance till 10 a.m., they make the Butabi brothers (the head-bobbing cats from "A Night at the Roxbury") look like frozen embryos. 836 N. Highland Ave., Hollywood, (323) 460-6630.
* B.J. Promotions. These kids own the weekend right now, offering dancing to house music on Fridays and Saturdays, beginning after 2 a.m. Their motto: "If you don't know where it is, you don't need to know." Our motto: It's in the heart of clubland, off Hollywood Boulevard on a street that starts with a W. Age limit and cover vary.
* High Society at Club Id. On Saturdays, follow your nose--and those fliers handed out at closing time--to get to the after-hours dance parties frequently hosted by the longtime High Society promoters. 6507 Sunset Blvd., Hollywood, (323) 466-8557. 21 and older. Cover varies.