Entrepreneurs and consultants will provide tips on the best business practices in six industries at the second Los Angeles Times Small Business Strategies Conference on Sept 24-25.
With the theme of "Top Industry Methods," the conference will feature six hourlong sessions that focus on tips for growth in business consulting, manufacturing, technology, exporting, retailing and biomedical/bioscience.
Speakers will include:
* Howard E. "Ted" Greene Jr., founder of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Hybritech and other companies.
* Mannon Kaplan, managing partner, Miller Kaplan Arase & Co.
* Ahmed Enany, executive director, Southern California Biomedical Council.
* Laurie McCartney, chief executive and founder, EStyle Inc.
* Casey Crane, vice president, Ken Crane's Home Entertainment.
* Donald M. Baarns, president, Assn. of Internet Professionals.
More than 10,000 small-business owners are expected to attend the conference at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Instructional and interactive workshops are scheduled, along with sessions featuring leading entrepreneurs, networking sessions, an exhibit hall and one-on-one business advice from consultants.
Registration begins Aug. 4. To get on a mailing list, call (800) 350-3211 or go to http://www.latimes.com/sbsc.