Fennell Heads Operations at Melles Griot Photonics
* Blake Fennell has been named chief operating officer of Melles Griot Photonics Group, which includes divisions in Irvine and Rochester, N.Y., as well as European and Asian operations. Fennell has been with the company since 1990, most recently as vice president and general manager of the Laser Group.
* Thomas C. Scott has been appointed vice president of sales and marketing for Integrated Communication Networks Inc. in Aliso Viejo. Scott has previously worked with telecommunications companies such as AT&T;, MCI, Primus Telecommunications, TresCom, ITT/Metromedia and Satellite Business Systems.
* Robert King is the new executive director of engineering for the Mexmil Co. in Santa Ana. King, who has 19 years of experience in engineering research and development, will be responsible for the strategic planning and technical advancements for the engineering department.
* Skip Snead has joined Broadband Interactive Group in Irvine as editor of Wave Action, one of the company’s free sports magazines, and as surfing editor of Gotcha.com. Snead is the former editor of Surfing magazine. In addition, Chris Lightburne has been named senior vice president of the company. He was formerly management consultant with Kenneth Leventhal and Co. and chief operating and financial officer for Joyride Limited Snowboards. Ian Cairns, professional surfer and organizer of professional sports competitions, has been appointed vice president of events. Kevin Flanagan, former director of international sports marketing at Oakley, is the new vice president of marketing. Scott Bushman has been named vice president of interactive. He was formerly vice president and general manager of Buena Vista Internet Group’s new extreme sports and lifestyle venture, EXPN.com, and director of e-commerce business development. Richard Montoya is the new general manager of Gotcha.com. He was previously executive producer of ChinaByte, former senior producer at News Corp. and producer for numerous entertainment sites.
* Carmen Wolf has joined Spectrum Business Resources Inc., a Lake Forest merger and acquisition advisory firm. She was previously vice president of operations for Desert Lakes Development LP, a golf course and residential developer in Arizona. Wolf was also a broker with Norris & Associates Inc. in Mission Viejo and with VR Business Brokers in Irvine.
* Diane Gozza has joined Fidelity National Financial Inc. in Irvine as vice president of business development for the mortgage services division, Fidelity National Lender Express Network. Gozza has 28 years’ experience in the consumer and mortgage services industry, where she has held sales and marketing positions.
* Cori La Rue and Toby Beyer have joined Digital Media Online in Santa Ana as integrated marketing consultants. La Rue was formerly with Advanstar Communications, where she was the Eastern regional account manager for Cadalyst Magazine. Beyer has more than nine years of sales and management expertise. In addition, Dan Koven was named marketing specialist heading up the newly launched Product Finder interactive division. He had been with Fancy Publications, where he handled sales and marketing for seven publications.