The Professional Pharmacists Society of the San Fernando Valley on Saturday will offer diabetes and cholesterol screenings, body-fat testing, and information on asthma, cancer and anxiety. Encino Community Center, 4935 Balboa Blvd. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Free. (818) 223-8656.
* Tuesday: "Hands of Hope," for those 65 and older, includes a CPR workshop and information on how to reduce the risk of heart attack. Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center, 1250 16th St., Santa Monica. 11:30 a.m. Free. Reservations: (800) 516-5323.
* Tuesday: "Stealing Time: The New Science of Aging," a three-part PBS series, will be shown over three consecutive Tuesdays at Glendale Adventist Medical Center, 1500 E. Chevy Chase Drive. 1:30-3 p.m. Free. Reservations: (818) 409-8100.
* Wednesday: "Lip-Reading and Coping Skills," beginning April 5, House Ear Institute, 2100 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles. $90 for nine-week program; fee includes spouse or family member. Registration: (626) 585-8766.
* Wednesday: "Breast Health" seminar, Glendale Memorial Hospital, Homan Center, 125 Eulalia St. Noon-1:30 p.m. Free. Reservations: (818) 502-2348.
* Thursday: Exercise class for people with arthritis, Roxbury Park Community Center, 471 S. Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills. 9-10 a.m. Free. Registration: (310) 550-4761.
* Thursday: A neurologist will lead an educational conference via telephone for people diagnosed with multiple sclerosis within the last five years. 5-6:30 p.m. Free. (800) FIGHT-MS.
* Thursday: Adult CPR and heart saver class, Valley Presbyterian Hospital, 15107 Vanowen St., Van Nuys. 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. $25. Registration: (818) 902-2977.
* Saturday: Recovery Awareness Festival for drug and alcohol addictions will include workshops on family intervention, and coping with HIV/AIDS in recovery. First United Methodist Church, 580 W. 6th St., San Pedro. 9 a.m. until early evening. Donation $5. (310) 514-4940.
* Saturday: Healthy Kids Day will include health screenings and fitness evaluations. Westside Family YMCA, 11311 LaGrange Ave., Los Angeles. 1-2 p.m. Free. (310) 477-1511.
* Wednesday: Memory loss screening, Sherman Oaks Community Hospital's SAGE Center, 5000 Van Nuys Blvd. 1-3 p.m. Free. Appointments: (818) 990-2573.
* Wednesday: Blood pressure screening, Little Company of Mary Hospital, Del E. Webb Center for Health Education, 4101 Torrance Blvd., Torrance. 9-11 a.m. Free. (310) 540-9631.
* Friday: Blood pressure screening, Glendale Memorial Hospital's Senior Services Center, 131 Eulalia St. 10:30 a.m. Free. (818) 502-2396.
* Wednesday: Diabetes support group, San Pedro Peninsula Hospital, 1300 W. 7th St. 3:30-5 p.m. Free. (310) 832-3311, Ext. 6041.
* Wednesday: TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is a group to help people lose weight. Temple Akiba, 5249 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City. 9:30 a.m. Free. (310) 837-5970.
* Friday: Stroke support group, Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center, 1420 S. Central Ave. 2-3 p.m. Free. (818) 502-1900, Ext. 4787.
* Saturday: Gynecologic cancer group, Wellness Community-West Los Angeles, 2716 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Free. (310) 314-2555.
Health Watch appears weekly. Send items typed and double-spaced three weeks in advance to Health Watch, Health, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053.