* Aprisa Inc., which offers a search engine aimed at engineers, will hold an open house Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at 2829 Townsgate Road, Suite 201, Westlake Village.
Its Web site is https://www.theCubicle.com.
* An employment tax seminar sponsored by the state Employment Development Department will be held Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Ventura Taxpayer Service Center, 4820 McGrath St., Suite 250, Ventura.
Topics include the difference between an employee and an independent contractor, and federal and state payroll reporting requirements.
Free. Make reservations at 677-2785.
* A workshop on current business trends, sponsored by the Gold Coast Small Business Development Center, will be held Wednesday from 1 to 4 p.m. at 5700 Ralston St., Suite 310, Ventura.
The workshop will explore business trends that indicate new opportunities for small businesses.
The cost is $15. Make reservations at 658-2688.
* A consultants support group meeting will be held Friday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Gold Coast Small Business Development Center, 5700 Ralston St., Suite 310, Ventura. The meeting provides an opportunity to network with other consultants and discuss areas of mutual interest.
Free. Make reservations at 658-2688.
* A workshop, “Understanding Your Money Personality: What It Is and How You Can Profit From It,” will be held Saturday, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the Laurel Theatre, 1006 E. Main St., Ventura, to benefit Ventura’s Rubicon Theatre. Presenters are certified financial planners Jan Nottingham and Wayne Lewis.
The cost is $20, and advance registration is required. Make reservations at 312-7446.
* The Ventura-Oxnard chapter of National Assn. of Women in Construction will hold a dinner meeting March 7 at 6 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel, 600 E. Esplanade Drive, Oxnard. Speaker Elizabeth Kinney from the Performance Connection and PHRS Associates will discuss time management.
The cost is $25. Make reservations with Sherry Giddings at 933-2512 or Sandy Wepplo at 388-5254.