SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO
The paint just needs to dry before the Coach House begins rocking again. A fire on Saturday destroyed a storage room and damaged the offices, causing some smoke and water damage in other parts of the building, although there was no major damage to the structure.
Employees spent the week making minor repairs, shampooing the carpets and washing layers of soot from tables, chairs, walls and ceilings, said owner Gary Folgner. The goal was to get the concert hall ready for a show scheduled for Friday, but had to be canceled because of wet paint, Folgner said.
The fire was caused by a faulty toaster oven in the storage room behind the box office, according to Fire Authority reports. Lloyd Cole is scheduled to play Saturday at the concert hall, located at 33157 Camino Capistrano.