Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach needs volunteers to assist with its summer lecture series, "Murals Under the Stars," an exploration of the lives and works of the great Mexican muralists, and, on Sundays, volunteers are needed for MoLAA Family Days, which include children's workshops. Docent and tour guide training classes will be offered in September. Reservations are being accepted for the four-week and 10-week classes. Information: (562) 437-1689.
* Public Counsel Law Center in Los Angeles needs lawyers, retired lawyers and legal professionals for its Guardian Ad Litem program to assist children in the foster care system with their legal matters. Training will be held July 10 at 6 p.m. at the center in the Mid-Wilshire area. Information: (213) 385-2977, Ext. 504.
* Los Angeles County Fair, which runs Sept. 7-23 in Pomona, needs volunteers to check in schoolchildren who are visiting the fair on field trips, give tours of the Millard Sheets Gallery, greet fair-goers and answer questions, assist in flower building and help with the new exhibit, "Castle of Magical Discoveries." Information: Wendy Talarico, (909) 865-4263.
* Interface Children, Family Services of Ventura County in Camarillo needs people in the community to open their homes to emancipated foster youths 18-21 in need. The youths will be expected to look for work during their stay and pay a nominal fee for room and board. Information: (805) 485-6114.
* Simon Wiesenthal Center Museum of Tolerance, a human rights organization, needs volunteers as guides, gallery assistants and facilitators, and to help in the bookstore and gift shop. Volunteers must be able to commit to 10 hours a month. Training is provided. Information: (310) 772-2508.
* Harbor UCLA Medical Center's Child Life Program needs readers for its Reach Out and Read program weekdays. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Fight Loneliness Foundation, which provides daily phone calls to lonely elderly clients, needs volunteers to make calls. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Vista Del Mar Child & Family Services, a Westside residential facility that provides care for severely emotionally disturbed, abused and neglected children, needs volunteers as tutors, special friends and play group buddies. Volunteers must be at least 21 and willing to commit six months to the program. Information: Karina Foonberg, (310) 836-1223, Ext. 385.
Information for this column should be submitted typed and double-spaced to Involvement Opportunities, SoCal Living, L.A. Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.