* Santa Barbara: The 77th Old Spanish Days Fiesta, Aug. 1-5, celebrates the city's ranchero past. A parade will travel down Cabrillo Boulevard at noon Aug. 3. Downtown, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Aug. 1-5. Free. (805) 962-8101, http://www.oldspanishdays-fiesta.org.
* National City: A vintage car parade will kick off the National City Automobile Heritage Days, Aug. 5. Kimball Park. 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. (619) 477-9339, http://www.nationalcitychamber.org.
* Twain Harte: The mountain community hosts an Arts & Crafts Festival, Aug. 4-5, with music and wine tasting ($7). Main Street. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days. Free. (209) 586-4482, http://www.twainhartecc.com.
* Ruth: Homemade raft races and a boat parade are highlights of the Ruth Lake Summer Festival, Aug. 4-5. Ruth Lake Recreation Campground. Boat parade 7:30 p.m. Aug. 4. Raft races 9-11 a.m. Aug. 5. Free; breakfast $3.50, $2.50 ages 12 and under. (707) 574-6269.
* Tracy: Get your fill of beans at the California Dry Bean Festival, Aug. 4-5. Festivities include a chili cook-off (Aug. 4), a car and Harley show (Aug. 5). Downtown. 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Aug. 4; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Aug. 5. Free. (209) 835-2131, http://www.tracychamber.org.