Hear an expert discuss joint problems Wednesday at Glendale Memorial Hospital. “Modern Day Problems of Hips, Knees and Shoulders” is a free lecture by an orthopedic surgeon. Braun Auditorium, 1420 S. Central Ave., Glendale. 1-2:30 p.m. Reservations required. (818) 502-2348.
* Today: “Why Do Cancer Cells Resist Drugs?” led by an expert in immunology. Sephardic Temple Tifereth Israel, 10500 Wilshire Blvd., Westwood. 7 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (323) 651-1200.
* Today: Asthma Information and Management (AIM) program will meet every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, beginning today. (Other programs begin July 2 and Aug. 6.) Northridge Hospital’s Sherman Way Campus, 14500 Sherman Circle, Van Nuys. 10 a.m.-2 p.m. $45. Reservations required. (818) 908-4522.
* Thursday: “A Celebration of Life for Cancer Survivors,” hosted by physicians, nurses and health-care professionals. Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, 2801 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach. 5-7 p.m. Free. Reservations required. (562) 933-1650.
* Saturday: Family Wellness Fair will include health information, children’s activities, lectures and screenings of cholesterol, body fat, skin health, lung capacity, osteoporosis and blood pressure. Northridge Hospital’s Roscoe Campus, 18300 Roscoe Blvd., Northridge. 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Free. (818) 885-8500.
* UCLA is seeking scleroderma patients for a two-year study of an anti-inflammatory drug to reduce or prevent lung damage. (310) 825-4744.
* Monday and Tuesday: Hepatitis and liver disease support groups, sponsored by the American Liver Foundation, are offered today in West Los Angeles and Tuesday in Los Angeles and Simi Valley. Free. For times and exact locations, call (310) 670-4624.
* Today: Stroke group for survivors and caregivers. (Meets first and third Mondays.) Valley Presbyterian Hospital, 15107 Vanowen St., Van Nuys. 10-11 a.m. Free. Reservations required. (818) 708-6625.
* Wednesday: Sleep apnea group. (Meets first Wednesday.) Northridge Hospital’s Roscoe Campus, 18300 Blvd., Northridge. 6:30-7:30 p.m. Free. (818) 885-8500, Ext 2782.
* Wednesday: Breast cancer group. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Ambulatory Care Center, 8723 Alden Drive, Los Angeles. 7-9 p.m., Free. Reservations required. (310) 314-2564.
* Thursday: Parkinson’s disease group for patients and caregivers. (Meets first Thursdays.) Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Thalians Mental Health Center, 8723 Alden Drive, Los Angeles. 2-3:30 p.m., Free. (800) 908-2732.
Send items typed and double-spaced three weeks in advance to Health Watch, Health, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.