* Fourth Annual Los Angeles International Laureates Music Festival, which presents 24 prize-winning artists from 20 countries in five concerts in Los Angeles July 21 to Aug. 6, needs volunteers for driving artists, ushering, video documentary and in support services. Information: (310) 281-3303.
* South Bay Literacy Council in Torrance needs volunteers to teach English as a second language, to teach English-speaking adults to read and write, and to act as administrators. An orientation meeting will be held June 27 from 7 to 8 p.m. at Torrance Civic Center Library. Training is provided. Information: (310) 373-7003.
* Working to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect (WeCAAN) needs volunteers for a variety of jobs at its 10th annual Golf Tournament, including registration, to work as spotters on the holes and to help with the raffle, July 20 at Sterling Hills Golf Course in Camarillo. Information: Christine Hamilton, (805) 485-6114, Ext. 640.
* Happy Hats for Kids, which brings decorated hats to hospitalized children, needs experienced sewers and donations of sewing machines and crafts supplies. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Rover Rescue in Redondo Beach, which rescues dogs from shelters and places them up for adoption, needs volunteers to help transport dogs, provide dog care and training information to prospective owners, and to help design fliers. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Torrance/Lomita Meals on Wheels needs drivers and riders to deliver meals from noon to 1:30 p.m. once a week. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Free Arts for Abused Children needs volunteers to interact with children through art therapy activities at emergency shelters and outpatient sites in the South Bay. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Brandeis University National Women's Committee, San Fernando chapter, needs volunteers to teach English as a second language one-on-one. Information: Marilyn Hazen, (818) 893-3929, or Anita Devore, (818) 705-2301.