Southern California Regional Occupational Center, a vocational training school in Torrance, needs volunteers to help with registration, food and beverages, setup and take-down for its annual Job Fair on June 12. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Meals on Wheels in San Pedro, Gardena and Torrance/Lomita needs volunteers to help prepare, pack and deliver meals to housebound elderly clients. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* American Red Cross needs volunteers to train to teach First Aid and CPR classes, and to train for the Disaster Relief Service Program, which distributes food, manages shelters and provides counseling services when disasters occur. Information: Volunteer Center, South Bay-Harbor-Long Beach, (310) 212-5009.
* Independent Adoption Center is holding an adoption information session May 4 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at its Westchester office. Information: (310) 215-3180.
* March of Dimes needs volunteers to help with WalkAmerica on Saturday by registering walkers, assisting in sponsor booths and setting up. Information: (213) 637-5046, www.modwalkamerica.org.
* Palisades Symphony, a community orchestra in Pacific Palisades, needs string players. Information: Joel Lish, (818) 345-0663.
* UCLA Ocean Discovery Center, located under the Santa Monica Pier, offers docent training beginning June 20, taught by UCLA professors and the center's staff. There are opportunities for interns as well. Volunteers must be 16 or older and willing to commit 10 hours a month for one year. Information: (310) 393-6149, Ext. 223.
* Rolling Readers needs volunteers for its Academic Mentor Program to give one hour a week during school hours to read stories to children or to help children learn to enjoy reading. Training will be held at Lockhurst Drive Elementary School in Woodland Hills. Information: (818) 610-8169.
Information for this column should be submitted typed and double-spaced to Involvement Opportunities, SoCal Living, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012, or e-mail email@example.com.