* Compton Centennial's Arron Afflalo scored all 25 of the Apaches' points in the fourth quarter of a 75-74 loss to Lawndale Leuzinger. Afflalo, who finished with 33 points, scored 21 points in the last 2 minutes 42 seconds, on five three-pointers and six free throws.
* Sean Flynn made four free throws in the last 10 seconds and scored 12 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter to help South Torrance defeat Manhattan Beach Mira Costa, 57-56.
* Arman Youssefian made a three-point shot at the buzzer to lift Burbank Providence to a 55-54 victory over Calabasas Viewpoint in a Liberty League game.
*--* FEATS OF THE WEEK
* Javier DeLeon made a spin move and hit a five-foot bank shot with five seconds left to give Loma Linda Academy a 66-64 overtime win against Fontana Kaiser.
* Lance Ortiz converted a three-pointer with three seconds left in double overtime to propel Mission Viejo to a 64-62 victory over Dana Point Dana Hills in a South Coast League game.
*--* TEAMS ON THE RISE
* Glendora. Tartan Coach Mike Le Duc is turning in perhaps his finest coaching performance with a team far less talented than his recent squads. James Powell scored 16 points Saturday to lead Glendora (12-3) to a 51-44 victory over Fountain Valley in the Nike Extravaganza.
* Oxnard. The Yellowjackets (15-2) defeated Oxnard Pacifica to win their 33rd consecutive Pacific View League game.
* Santa Monica. The Vikings (13-4) registered victories over Inglewood, Compton Centennial and Redondo. Brett DeAngelis scored 53 points in the three games.
* Whittier. The Cardinals (14-3), led by Michael Hernandez, defeated Paramount and Whittier Pioneer.
*--* LOOKING AHEAD
* Second-ranked Fairfax plays host to No. 3 Westchester on Tuesday in the first game this season between the Western League rivals. Defending state champion Westchester won three of four meetings between the teams last season.
* Russell Otis returns to coach his first home game at Compton Dominguez since the 1999-2000 season when the Dons play host to Lynwood in a San Gabriel Valley League showdown Wednesday.
* Top-ranked Santa Ana Mater Dei plays No. 21 Diamond Bar in the featured game of the Southern California Shootout on Saturday at the Felix Events Center at Azusa Pacific. No. 18 Walnut and two other teams on the brink of inclusion in The Times' rankings -- Van Nuys Montclair Prep and Glendora -- will also play. The $10 tickets are good for admission to all nine games.
-- Ben Bolch