Answers are at the bottom.
1. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the per capita amount of trash generated in the U.S. changed by what percentage between 1960 and 2003?
A. Decreased by 14%
B. Increased by 39%
C. Increased by 67%
2. Which of the following constitutes a higher percentage of household waste by weight?
C. Food scraps
3. According to a recent survey sponsored in part by the National Assn. of Home Builders, environmentally responsible construction represented what percentage of all residential housing starts last year?
4. According to the education and advocacy group Global Green USA, of the three following actions, which will reduce greenhouse gas emissions the most?
A. Driving 15 fewer miles each week
B. Recycling half of the aluminum, glass, plastic and paper that you use
C. Using your air conditioning and heater less by adjusting both by 3 degrees
5. According to the Department of Energy, which of the following accounts for the most energy usage in all American homes?
A. Air-conditioning (central and room units)
B. Refrigerators and freezers
C. Home electronics
6. According to the Aluminum Assn., the amount of energy used to create one soda can from virgin metal is the same as what's used to produce how many recycled aluminum cans?
-- Rebecca Frantz
Answers: 1. C, 2. A, 3. A, 4. B, 5. B, 6. C