Advertisement

Doghouse fire claims 5 puppies; heater blamed

From Times Staff Reports

A fire believed to have been sparked by an electrical heater in a doghouse took the lives of five puppies, authorities said Monday.

Firefighters sent to the 14600 block of Donegal Drive about 3:45 p.m. Sunday found four of the Pug-mix puppies dead in the charred frontyard doghouse. A fifth puppy died later at the Orange County Emergency Pet Clinic where the mother and another puppy were being treated.

“The mother is doing fairly well but the puppy is having to be tube fed and is receiving oxygen,” said Howard Sutter, a spokesman for the Orange County Health Care Agency.


Advertisement
Advertisement