Tour de France
Highlights from the 15th stage of the Tour de France:
* Stage: The second of three grueling stages in the Pyrenees took riders on a 121.8-mile route from Foix to Loudenvielle-Le Louron.
* Winner: Alexandre Vinokourov continues his topsy-turvy Tour. A day after losing nearly 30 minutes, the Kazakh rider attacked early and held on for his second stage win in three days and fifth career overall at the Tour.
* Yellow jersey: Michael Rasmussen of Denmark kept his overall lead. The Dane holds a 2-minute 23-second edge over Spain’s Alberto Contador, 4:00 over Cadel Evans and 5:25 over Levi Leipheimer.
* Quote of the day: “I certainly have no intention of giving up now.” -- Rasmussen, on his chances of winning the Tour.
* Next stage: Today is a rest day, leading up to Wednesday’s third and final day in the Pyrenees.
*--* STAGE 14 RESULTS 1. A. Vinokourov, Kzakhstan 5:34.28 2. Kim Kirchen, Luxembourg :51 behind 3. Haimar Zubeldia, Spain :51 behind 4. Juan Jose Cobo, Spain :58 behind 5. Juan Manuel Garate, Spain 2:14 behind
*--* OVERALL LEADERS 1. Michael Rasmussen, Denmark 69:52:14 2. Alberto Contador, Spain 2:23 behind 3. Cadel Evans, Australia 4:00 behind 4. Levi Leipheimer, U.S. 5:25 behind 5. Andreas Kloeden, Germany 5:34 behind