Each week, The Times takes a look at how UCLA's Kevin Love and USC's O.J. Mayo stack up against the best of the nation's freshman class. This week, Arizona's Jerryd Bayless rejoins the list.
Michael Beasley, Kansas State
* Season stats: 25.2 ppg, 12.3 rpg.
* What he's done lately: Beasley had his eighth 30-point game of the season by scoring 35 against Nebraska, and scored 23 more against Oklahoma State. He also had 13 rebounds in each game, giving him 19 double-doubles this season.
* What's ahead: Wednesday at Texas Tech, Saturday vs. Missouri.
Eric Gordon, Indiana
* Season stats: 21.3 ppg, 46.8 FG%.
* What he's done lately: Gordon scored 19 points in a double-overtime victory over Illinois, with 10 of his points coming from the free-throw line as he was three for 13 from the field in his first game in front of a hostile crowd at the school he initially committed to attend. He added 15 in a victory over Ohio State.
* What's ahead: Wednesday vs. Wisconsin, Saturday vs. Michigan State.
Kevin Love, UCLA
* Season stats: 17.5 ppg, 11.0 rpg.
* What he's done lately: Love said he was "frustrated" after the Bruins were upset by Washington as he took only eight shots, finishing with 13 points and 10 rebounds. He scored 16 points on six-for-eight shooting in the previous game, a victory over Washington State.
* What's ahead: Sunday at USC.
O.J. Mayo, USC
* Season stats: 20.2 ppg, 44.3 FG%.
* What he's done lately: Guarded by Washington State's Kyle Weaver, Mayo was limited to 14 points on six-for-15 shooting in a loss to the Cougars after scoring 29 points on 11-for-22 shooting against Washington.
* What's ahead: Sunday vs. UCLA.
Jerryd Bayless, Arizona
* Season stats: 20.0 ppg, 49.6 FG%.
* What he's done lately: Bayless scored a career-high 39 points and made six three-pointers against Arizona State, but the other Wildcats players combined for only 15 points in a 59-54 loss. It marked the first time Arizona has been swept by Arizona State since 1995.
* What's ahead: Thursday vs. California, Saturday vs. Stanford.
-- Robyn Norwood