* Arizona 2, at Washington 0: Brandon Webb earned his major league-leading 13th win, pitching six scoreless innings. Webb (13-4) struck out six and gave up six hits and two walks. It was the 16th time in his 19 starts Webb lasted at least six innings.
* at New York 7, San Francisco 0: Mike Pelfrey won his fifth start in a row and Carlos Beltran drove in four runs.
* St. Louis 2, at Philadelphia 0: Joel Pineiro and three relievers combined on a six-hitter and Rick Ankiel and Ryan Ludwick hit solo homers.
* at San Diego 10, Florida 1: Rookie Chase Headley had three hits and four RBIs, including a three-run double, and the Padres ended a nine-game home losing streak.
* at Pittsburgh 4, Houston 3: Nate McLouth’s two-run single in the eighth capped a three-run rally. The Astros suffered their seventh loss in eight games. Rain delays totaled 3 hours 7 minutes.
* at Chicago 7, Cincinnati 3: Ryan Dempster became the first Cubs pitcher in 31 years to start a season 10-0 at home.
* at Milwaukee 7, Colorado 3: CC Sabathia gave up two earned runs and five hits over six innings.
* Atlanta 9, at Dodgers 3: Jair Jurrjens pitched six solid innings and batterymate Brian McCann homered twice.