* Texas 10, at Seattle 1: Josh Hamilton, Michael Young and David Murphy drove in three runs each to support starter Sidney Ponson (2-0). The Rangers scored 10 runs in three innings on only six hits and seven walks. Mariners starter Miguel Batista (2-4) and Cha Seung Baek walked 10 in all.
* at Oakland 4, Baltimore 2: Justin Duchscherer (3-1) won his second start in a row. He gave up two runs and four hits in seven strong innings. Alan Embree pitched a perfect eighth and Santiago Casilla finished for his first save in as many chances. Brian Burres (3-3) took the loss.
* Cleveland 5, at New York 3: Pinch-hitter David Dellucci hit a three-run home run with two outs in the eighth inning. Rafael Perez (1-1) tossed two scoreless innings for the win.
* Boston 5, at Detroit 0: Tim Wakefield gave up only two hits in eight shutout innings. David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez also hit back-to-back homers on successive pitches.
* Angels 5, at Kansas City 3: Garret Anderson homered for the second game in a row and drove in five runs.