* Oakland 12, at Texas 6: Emil Brown hit a three-run home run and drove in four runs to help the Athletics end the Rangers' season-best winning streak at five games. Ian Kinsler had three hits for the Rangers, who had won nine of their previous 11 games.
* at Kansas City 4, Baltimore 0: Brian Bannister gave up two singles in eight innings and the Royals ended a 12-game skid against the Orioles that dated to July 25, 2006. Bannister (4-4) struck out five and walked two to end a personal four-game losing streak. Joakim Soria tossed a perfect ninth inning to finish Kansas City's fourth shutout of the year.
* at Seattle 6, Chicago 3: Raul Ibanez hit a two-run home run in the third inning and the Mariners' losing streak ended at five games. Jose Lopez and Ichiro Suzuki each had three hits for the Mariners, who got to Gavin Floyd (3-2) for five runs and nine hits over 3 2/3 innings.
* New York at Detroit, ppd. rain: A makeup date wasn't immediately announced.
* Toronto at Cleveland, ppd. rain: The game will be made up today as part of a doubleheader.
* at Minnesota 9, Boston 8: Craig Monroe hit two of the Twins' three home runs and Joe Nathan gave up two runs in the ninth inning before retiring pinch-hitter Manny Ramirez on a grounder to shortstop to earn his 12th save in as many tries.
* at Tampa Bay 8, Angels 5: Carl Crawford hit a three-run home run and Cliff Floyd had two run-scoring singles to help the Rays complete a three-game sweep.