* at Colorado 4, San Francisco 3: Clint Barmes homered and Yorvit Torrealba had a go-ahead two-run double in the sixth for the Rockies. The Giants have lost a season-high six straight games. Fred Lewis had two triples for San Francisco and Randy Winn hit a solo homer in the first to extend his hitting streak to 14 games. He also had a single and an RBI on a sacrifice fly.
* at Washington 4, Philadelphia 0: Tim Redding threw 6 1/3 scoreless innings and third baseman Ryan Zimmerman hit one of six doubles for the Nationals -- matching the team's season high -- on a two-for-three night that raised his average to .251 as he slowly but steadily emerges from an early season slump.
* St. Louis 8, at San Diego 2: Albert Pujols hit two mighty home runs, and Cesar Izturis and Ryan Ludwick also homered for St. Louis. The four homers were the most in a game this year for the Cardinals, who tied their season high with 16 hits.
* Chicago 7, at Houston 2: Catcher Geovany Soto hit an inside-the-park homer and Aramis Ramirez also homered in the Cubs' victory.
* at Dodgers 6, Cincinnati 5: Blake DeWitt's RBI single with one out and the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth won it for the Dodgers and ended the Reds' six-game winning streak. DeWitt is six for six with the bases loaded this season.