The Angels took Chone Figgins off the disabled list six days ago, but they might have to put him back on it.
Figgins played one game before aggravating his right hamstring injury, and he has not played in the five games since. That missed time would count if the Angels put him back on the disabled list, so they could activate him as soon as June 6.
"We're going to have to make a decision in the next couple days," Manager Mike Scioscia said. "He's making progress, but we're into day five now, so he'd have to make some significant progress in the next couple days."
In April, the Angels led the American League in runs. In May, with their leadoff hitter out most of the month, they rank eighth.
Scioscia said what was originally a hamstring strain is now "a little stiffness" in "a little different area."
Figgins said he was more concerned about getting healthy for good than about a possible return to the disabled list. He said the artificial turf in Toronto in the one game he played irritated the hamstring, and that he did not know when he might return.
"I don't know, man," he said. "It's a hamstring [injury]. I've never had one before. I don't know how it's going to react."
Kelvim Escobar visited his teammates for the first time since spring training. At that time, his inability to rehabilitate a torn labrum left him wondering aloud whether he would need surgery and whether his career might be over.
"I'm not even thinking about surgery anymore," Escobar said. "In my mind, I'm preparing myself to come back."
Escobar is throwing regularly but has yet to do so off a mound, and he said he did not anticipate he could return until after the All-Star break. Scioscia said the Angels would stretch out his innings during workouts so the club would have the option to use him as a starter. Escobar said he would be happy to start or relieve depending on the Angels' needs when he returns in July or August.
"At this point, I don't care," said Escobar, who won a career-high 18 games last year. "It's about winning. In any role you need me, that's what I'm going to do."
Angels owner Arte Moreno and Anaheim Mayor Curt Pringle will share the stage with Commissioner Bud Selig on Wednesday, during the official announcement that Angel Stadium will play host to the 2010 All-Star game. The 12:30 p.m. news conference will be televised on FSN West.
Ticket availability and pricing has not been determined and probably will not be announced before the end of this year, Angels spokesman Tim Mead said. The Angels hope to accommodate all season-ticket holders, he said, although the seat locations for some customers might be changed to conform with Major League Baseball seating requirements for league officials, corporate sponsors and media representatives.
Shawn Wooten, a popular bench player on the Angels' 2002 World Series championship team, is the backup catcher for the San Diego Padres' triple-A Portland affiliate. Wooten, 35, hit a game-winning home run that beat the Angels' Salt Lake affiliate Sunday. He has two hits -- the other was a double -- in 16 at-bats. . . . The Angels activated pitcher Dustin Moseley and optioned him to Salt Lake.